welwyn garden city

hertfordshire

Substantial remodeling of a detached house in a conservation area retaining the historical character of the house yet integrating contemporary additions.

 

Located in the Central Welwyn Garden City Conservation Area the conversion of this 1950’s building had to be treated carefully to respect the character of the house while increasing the habitable area from 120 sqm to 175 sqm according to the client’s needs with a two-storey side extension on one side and a single-storey extension to the other.

Living room, TV room and play rooms are kept separate opening up with a glazed timber box to the garden.